Here’s the REALscience Top 10 Summer Science Books.
1. Your Inner Fish: A Journey into the 3.5-Billion-Year History of the Human Body by Neil Shubin
2. Microcosm: E. coli and the New Science of Life by Carl Zimmer
3. The Canon: A Whirligig Tour of the Beautiful Basics of Science by Natalie Angiers
4. Ten Most Beautiful Experiments by George Johnson
5. Physics of the Impossible: A Scientific Exploration in the World of Phasers, Force Fields, Teleportation and Time Travel by Michio Kaku
6. 13 Things That Don’t Make Sense: The Most Baffling Mysteries of Our Time by Michael Brooks
7. The Carbon Age: How Life’s Core Element has Become Civilization’s Greatest Threat by Eric Roston
8. The Book of Clouds by John Day
9. Sea Legs: Tales of a Woman Oceanographer by Kathleen Crane
10. Doubt is Their Product: How Industry’s Assault on Science Threatens Your Health by David Michaels
Other Science Book lists:
If you want to continue the discussion, join the REALscience Book Club. E-mail REALscience for details.
Photo: Couple reading books on sandy beach with feet resting on coconuts, courtesy of images.com